20070725

OCEANS 11 [1960]



I haven't seen the original Ocean's Eleven with Frank Sinatra and the rest of the ensemble of 1960s actors and actresses. But i did just see the recent first version with George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, etc. I'd admit i actually enjoyed the remake. But i have yet to see the original 1960's version. Just something at the back of my head about not trying to like this remake because it is, a 'remake'.

I'm not too fond of remakes. Not too many or even any have been done successful. To me i believe things shouldn't be remade at all. Things are made timeless, or rather should be made timeless. It is what people have left in the passed and done. Why tinker with it.

I write about this i guess just to say that i love this old vintage poster of the movie. After i see Ocean's 12, as 13 is out on the theater, but i'm not too eager to see it right away, i would want to pick up a copy of the Sinatra version of Ocean's Eleven.

No comments: