20070628

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann



Its probably been a long long time or maybe never that a new current Japanese animation had impressed me. I discover Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann from watching some clips of Nakagawa Shoko, who sings the opening theme to the animation. As soon as i saw the mecha design and the character designs, it got me curious. As i saw the clips on veoh.com, the pilot was not bad and it made me want to watch more. The mecha has a unique design yet is very child-like but nostalgic. It is a kids show since its says 8:30 AM on the clock but Japanese kids show can range from a kid to an adult, not all the time but from what i can think when i was a kid myself. But the characters big head concept and merging into a giant robot sometime in the future of the story has a good concept. I heard its only 26 episodes which i'm glad. I love short episode series, since you know they have a limit and need to end it. This is a current fave for me. Next to Death Note.

No comments: